If you have ever wanted to download all your data present on Instagram, then this is the right time to do so, as Instagram has recently launched a feature to download all your app data easily. It is safe to say that you are ready to leave Instagram yet and want to know how to download your Instagram data? Assuming this is the case, you’ll most likely need to download a file of your account, including the photos and recordings you’ve transferred to the administration, any filed Stories, remarks on your posts, instant messages and other data before closing your Instagram account forever.
Instagram gives a helpful data-download tool acknowledged as simple to utilize web app. Similarly, as with most web-based life administrations, Instagram keeps a genuinely nitty gritty record of your exercises. While the majority of this data is utilized to improve your IG experience, it very well may be unsettling to discover that the organization stores certain information about you.
To ease concerns a piece, Instagram permits its clients to download a duplicate of all data points that are logged on its servers. Some even utilize these downloaded documents, which include your photos and remarks, to move to another internet based life website. The way toward downloading your profile data isn’t hard, at the same time, the feature is covered somewhere down in your profile settings.
How to Download Instagram Data
Via Web Browser
- Go to instagram.com and log in.
- Click on the Profile button, spoke to by a head and torso and situated in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Now you will see a gear icon, click on it.
- Select the Privacy and Security choice.
- Your account’s privacy and security settings will presently be displayed. Look down until you find the Data Download segment and snap on the Request Download link.
- Enter the email address you want the link to be sent.
- You will presently be incited for your Instagram password. Enter it and snap the Request Download button.
- If it’s not too much trouble note that it might take as long as 48 hours to get the link, which will permit you to download the entirety of your data,
VIA Android or IOS App
- Open the Instagram app and log in.
- Click the Profile icon, situated in the lower right-hand corner of the screen and spoke to by a head and torso.
- Select the gear icon, found to one side of the Edit Profile button.
- Instagram’s Options interface should now be displayed. Look down and choose the Data Download choice, situated in the Privacy and Security segment.
- Enter the email address where you need your download link sent to and tap the Request Download button.
- If you don’t mind note that it might take as long as 48 hours to get the link, which will permit you to download the entirety of your data.
What to Do When Your Data Download Is Ready
You will get an email to warn once the download is ready, consisting of a packed ZIP chronicle with all pictures related to your account just as individual JSON-formatted records containing each of the aforementioned data types. These documents can be seen with a content tool, for example, Notepad.
Limiting the Amount of Data Instagram Keeps
On the off chance that you’ve followed the means above and downloaded your Instagram data set, you can see that there is a lot of information there — though nothing that you haven’t unequivocally given either through your transfers, remarks, settings or other activities while using the administration.
The best approach to confine the amount of data Instagram has about you is self-evident, however less appealing, way: Share less information and associate with fewer individuals. Everything you do on Instagram is spared and regardless of whether something is erased from the client-facing side of Instagram (a remark or photo), it is anything but an assurance it’ll be erased from the data set related to your profile.